Thread: vac ports on q-jet

Default vac ports on q-jet

I need to pull manifold vacuum from my new quadrajet....where do I grab it?? Is there a port on the q-jet where I can grab it, or on the manifold itself (too lazy to open the hood right now.

carb has the following ports:

Diverter port (not used)
    EGR Port (not used)
    PCV Port (in use)
    Canister Purge (not used)
    Distributor Port (in use)
    Power Brake Port - 1/4NPT (not used, but will prob. go pwr brakes in future)

This is for dual-fuel conversion...manifold vac to a vacuum solenoid, when "on" it puts vac. pull on mixer diaphragm to lift it when running on gasoline.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Hook up your vacume gauge at idle to one of the remaining ports to see. I have a Q jet and was able to pull off one of the ones I'm not using. Not sure the correct application for each port. I have 19 lbs of vacume at idle, it was very steady. It helped to to fine tune the Q jet and make sure the engine is happy. I like mine, good luck.