Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to ship an NP205 by FedEx

Default How to ship an NP205 by FedEx

Since I did it, I thought I would document it...

Want to ship it from Wisconsin to Florida.
    FedEx allows a 150 pound max weight.
    Looked online, weight is given as 138 pounds...but no idea if this is with or without fluid and yokes...

So...went to Uhaul and got a roll of moving wrap...costs like $5 and only need maybe 5% of it...FedEx requires the item to be in a box or shrink wrapped completely when shipped.

I drained the fluid and took off the yokes...the yokes went in a separate box with the shifter, bracket and linkage rod...

I took a piece of old scrap pipe, on a recommendation from Phoenix...great idea bud!...and beat the ends flat, drilled a hole in them and mounted the bar, with some bends, over the top of the case with 2 of the original mount bolts, one forward bolt and one rear bolt to balance the weight. this acts as a handle to carry the case...works really well...though mine is ugly for sure.

As shipped the NP205 with shrink wrap and handle, no yokes or fluid, weighs in at 132.3 pounds...the yokes could have been left on and it still would make it under the 150 pound limit...they weight about 7-8 pounds...

Cost to ship the tcase at 132.3 pounds was $100.49.

The yokes and shifter lever, linkage and bracket box was $16.17.

Your mileage may vary...

Pics of the "package" on the way to FedEx...the duct tape is where the shrink wrap stuff ends and keeps it from unraveling.

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Man, finally a way to get rid of all those unsightly NP200's cluttering up probably half of the members' garages around here.

Thanks for the info!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I'm thinking you don't want to mess with a FedEx driver. If They require there drivers to be able to toss 150 lbs around,they must be tough!

DaveJ
    DaveJ

I dont know--my Fedex driver--she only weighs about a buck50??

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk715 View Post
    I dont know--my Fedex driver--she only weighs about a buck50??
    Try bolting a handle on her yet?

Shes quick!!!

well done! I shipped a NP205 in a full wooden box (they wouldn't accept it on an open skid) via FedEx and it weighed in at 155 lbs. Fortunately the clerk let it slide and cost $150.

Chris

ya well fedex lost the package!!! tom i sent you an email about it
    B Co 1/504 PIR 82nd ABN

another alternative is to send greyhound, I have bought things and sold things and used greyhound.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    another alternative is to send greyhound, I have bought things and sold things and used greyhound.

Duane
    When was the last time you used them? I only ask because about two years ago, Greyhound told me they weren't shipping stuff anymore. At least not anything heavy. We used to ship Triumph engines via Greyhound. Not anymore though.