Thread: Exhaust Routing with V8

Default Exhaust Routing with V8

I have to redo the exhaust on my M715 with a sbc 350. Currently it is routed out behind the spring hangers with a muffler under the cab on each side. It makes for a very hot cab.

Currently I am looking at a 2.25" exhaust from the manifold inside the fram rails above the cross members with a 3" y behind the transfer case to a single muffler exiting the stock location behind the rear wheel.

How have others with V8 routed the exhaust and what size exhaust did you use?

On my 725 with a SBC, I had a system bent and installed. The 2 header pipes from manifolds go straight back to the rear of transfer case, both of with are to the inside of frame rails. The left side pipe then makes a turn behind transfer case to the right side. Both pipes then go a little way back from the cab and turn upwards to the dual inlet/dual outlet muffler. Muffler is about the same rearward location as the fuel tank, on the right side of driveshaft. From there the right side tailpipe loops over the axel and exits behind the rear spring schackle. The left side tailpipe does about the same, making a left hand turn at the axel. Even with that routing, I'm still able to get a spare tire under there.

Forgot to mention, system is all 2.25" from front to back.

take a look at my truck when you come to the spring fe. or are you wanting to have it done before then? the local muffler shop made it all and it's single exhaust, 2 inch i think. it was cheap, about 150.00 including the muffler.

Mine is in the shop now. Should have it back today. Went with 2.5" at the muffler instead of 3" for more clearance and better fit. Single outlet in the stock location.