Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crankcase vent valve add on

Default Crankcase vent valve add on

There is a 3/8' copper tube added on to my crankcase vent valve by using a pipe tee. It goes through the fire wall and ends at a fitting under the glove box. There is a pipe plug in the fitting. Anyone have an idea what this would have been for? My spare motor does not have the fitting on it ,so I am assuming it is not stock. Cannot find any pics of this tube in any of the manuals.

Thanks, DaveJ
    DaveJ

That's not stock and no idea what it would be used for.

My guesses would be a vacuum gauge or a DIY fording kit.

--Randy

Only thing I can add is...does it have a heater? Maybe they used vacuum to run doors for heat/defrost...
    The behind the glove box part made me wonder...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks guys, Yes it does have a non stock heater. I'll have to dig a little deeper. My other thought was a cold weather starting ,ether attachment.

DaveJ
    DaveJ

Wouldnt it be a little hard to get at for spraying? Maybe not...dont know how its installed...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Do you have a brake booster? Mine has the same style of vent...it's connected to one of the lines that goes to the separate break booster

Basically, something like this?

Here's the filter:

It comes through the firewall to the booster here:

The line wraps along the firewall inside the engine bay:

And it ends up at a t-fitting here (where you can also see a little bit of my cleaned up carb...just rebuilt it tonight):

--Wintermute
    Last edited by Wintermute; April 22nd, 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: added images

Interesting pics. How is that plumbed? What is after the brake pedal on the drivers side?

On the drivers side, there is the standard master cylinder. The master cylinder brake line feeds out to the booster which the boosts the pressure and feeds the brakes. This is actually a pretty standard way to install a remote brake booster when you don't want to replace the master cylinder on a vehicle. Used to see this done alot on old race cars I used to work on where they either didn't want to replace the master cylinder or where there wasn't enough room to put in a master cylinder/booster unit on the drivers side.

--Wintermute

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I think Amphi's truck has a similar remote booster as well.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™