Thread: 10-1331 or 10-1371?

Default 10-1331 or 10-1371?

I did some checking in the archives and found two numbers for the master swaps, 10-1331 and 10-1371. The local napa had the 1371 so I tried that one. I am having some issues with getting a good pedal. Is this from using the 71 instead of the 31? I havent had a chance to power bleed them yet. I am going to pull the wheels and check everything else as well. I lost the brakes driving through a pond so I am not sure maybe it is a different problem than just the master. Maybe there is a fish stuck in the drum..........or that bottle of crown royal I was looking for.
    US ARMY

the 1331 is the one I have seen often listed...found this infor at Napas website...

10-1331, bore diameter, 1.125 (1 1/8th) inch

10-1371, bore diameter, 1 inch

The 1331 would move more fluid with the same amount of pedal being pushed...seems that would help...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Here's what I'd written after doing my master cylinder upgrade. Text pulled off another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Early Chevy 1-ton van mc. New (not remanufactured) version of #10-1331. NAPA # UP36246.
    Here's the whole thread: Master Cylinder Conversion - Upgrade
    -- Tim Taylor

Got the wheels pulled and found the brakes were shot. They were packed with mud and when we went through the pond I think it loosened everything up and the mud was like sandpaper. It wore them right down to rivits. I am going to try to get them relined instead of doing the conversion. I only got 203 miles out of the last set. In their defense about 25 miles of that is in the pits. I wont be so lazy next time and I will pull the drums after a play session.
    US ARMY

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by b-tyme View Post
    I wont be so lazy next time and I will pull the drums after a play session.
    Good idea. After every trail session that involves any mud, I jack 'er up and pull all four drums and rinse everything out. Sometimes after a lot of mud I only find a small amount in there, and sometimes after only a little mud, I find them pretty caked up. Either way, it keeps everything happy.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™