Thread: Power steering

Default Power steering

Hello all, I am adding power steering to my 67 715. I took a pump and sector box from a 67 wagoneer. Last weekend I fabbed up a bracket for the pump on the 230 and mounted the sector box all went well but the pittman arm hole is to small for the drag link end so I took the arm off the manual box and the shaft is bigger on the manual box. ? Do I cut the 2 arms and weld them together, or is there an arm off sompthing else that will work.
    Thank's in advance.

do a search on the site here for Leo Porter, he has the arm you need, you will find all the info you need on the search, I would not cut and weld a steering arm, not very safe.

Duane

You could buy a reaming drill bit to enlarge the Wagoneer piece, but it is too short and will limit your turning radius.
    There are a bunch of stories out there where guys have welded two arms together but that would scare the bejeases out of me personally!
    Go with what Duane said, Leo Porter has an arm that fits the stock drag link to the SP box and is the right length. If I remember right they were about $90 or so the last time I looked.
    Good luck!
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

sometimes there is one on e-bay

Default power steering

Thanks for the help guys, I was not planning on welding it, After doing a search and finding gobs of info what I need is an arm off a 80-91 wagoneer or truck and I have located 2 and will most likely buy them bolth. I called Jeep and thay are no longer availible new.

my pitman arm came from a '79 and bolted up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bullmoose View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, I was not planning on welding it, After doing a search and finding gobs of info what I need is an arm off a 80-91 wagoneer or truck and I have located 2 and will most likely buy them bolth. I called Jeep and thay are no longer availible new.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715