Thread: Please help looking tomorrow

Default Please help looking tomorrow

I am looking at a 67 m715 tomorrow that is for sale, it has very little rust has the original bed and tailgate, all original motor and trans, and it is a hard top. What is a fair price to pay? He wants 3 grand for it, is that a fair price?

What do I need to look out for?

Thanks

Matt

Oh and it also has a winch but he says its leaking a little, do new winches cost a ton?

Thats sounds like a fair price. You could try for better, but this one is in your backyard. Search for winch rebuild on this site for more info on that.

Good luck.
    Scott

if it has the tailgate,winch, and its not a rust bucket, and it runs and drives, 3000 is a fair price, a complete truck in good shape is a hard find. Good luck!!

Duane

I think all the gear boxes and such leak a little on old rigs. If they aren't leaking you know they are low on fluid. You can get a winch reseal kit for not too much from Vintage Power Wagons or another supplier. 3000 for it sounds like a decent price if it runs and will follow you home.

It also has a hard top, do the hard tops bolt on and bolt off? Any other areas I should be concerned with ?

Matt

Many of the hard tops I've seen on the zone have been custom made or made in small batches by various fire services or other groups and individuals. There was a factory hard top option but it is pretty uncommon from what I've seen. The factory one did bolt on and off I think but many of the homebuilt or forestry-service-built ones have been welded or otherwise permanently or semipermantely attached.

Depends on who made the top. The one I just sold was both bolted and welded. Across the back were a bunch of tack welds which took about five minutes with a cut off wheel, the rest was bolts. Most of the fire dept tops used the soft top bows, flat pieces of sheetmetal and dozens of pop rivets.