Thread: use tax for an M715?

Default use tax for an M715?

I'm in the process of buying an M715...WA state charges a use tax upon transfer of the title. This use tax isn't based on the sale price of the vehicle, it's based on the National Market Reports (NMR). Is there actually an assigned fair market value for the M715? If so, what is it? I know other states charge Use Tax upon transfer of a vehicle the same way WA does. Has anyone had experience with this? If so, what was the fair market value of your M715 determined to be?

I know that's alot of questions, but thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out .

--Wintermute

What is the tax for a jeep J4000? Should be in the same ball park.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I try not to do this kind of transfer at the Court House because they are usually more rigid than an authorized independent licensing agency.

I find it easier to deal with an authorized dealer like Woodinville License Agency17403 139th Avenue Northeast.

They should be able to base the tax on the actual amount you paid. There is no tax at all if it was gifted to you.

My registration shows Val-Cd/Year as 3201/2006
    Last edited by amphi; March 24th, 2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added registration info

Welcome, another new Washington member. Let me know if you want to go for an M truck drive. I have no other M trucks in the neighborhood.

Thanks guys. I'll head down to the independant DOL office as soon as the truck/title shows up. Can't wait to get it taken care of. I'd be happy to go on a drive as well. I'm planning on making it out to the next triple-X mil-vehicle show after I have the truck fixed up.

Speaking of fixing up, do any of you know where to get an alternator for an M715 rebuilt? The alternator on this truck isn't providing a full charge, and after looking around, I've found it a wee bit difficult to find a replacement. I know most alternators can be rebuilt, just wondering if anyone knows of a place that's had experience doing one of these, or of a place that someone has already dealt with and had a good experience.

--Wintermute

I have a used one and an NOS one that hasnt even had its pulley mounted yet...I have that to...pm if interested.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!