Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bikini Top

Default New Bikini Top

Just completed a Bikini Top and I'm ready for warmer weather!

Last edited by DocKill; March 14th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocKill View Post
    Just completed a Bikini Top and I'm ready for warmer weather!

Looks nice,

Wow good thing you showed only part of the truck, my eyes were a little overloaded on the red. Lets see the whole truck.

Sweet how much for one?

Also any pics of your cage does a hardtop fit over that

That looks great! I like the way you "wrapped" the sides. How does it ride at high speeds? I was always concerned that the bottom side would fill up with too much air, when the sides of the bikini drop down (like yours do in the rear where it wraps the roll bar).

If it doesn't collect much air, I was thinking of having one made of the same heavy stock-top canvas, and even have the rain gutters sewn into it. I didn't want to spend the money if it collected a lot of air at high speeds, as that would create an excessively flapping top.

if it collected a lot of air at high speeds,
    It's a M715. There is no gear for "high speed".

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    It's a M715. There is no gear for "high speed".
    Yes, usually. However, you know my modified truck has a 5 speed with those huge tires, and I can blow by traffic on the local 4 lane highway at 70ish mph. I know 70ish is probably not considered high speed for you flatlanders down in TX, but I was comparing it to my CJ, which gets a lot of bikini flapping at 70ish -and it doesn't even wrap.

BTW, I don't blame you guys for driving fast down there in the state of TX. I was through there about four times for spring break at S. Padre Isle. What a loooooong drive from CO. It's like TX starts right away and you think it'll never end.

Thanks for the comments...
    I paid $200 for the top. The hardtop does fit over the rollbar. No problems at all at 60ish. Minimal flap.
    Here's several pics of the whole truck and the bar. Btw, the red paint is Hummer candy apple red!
    http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/a...ll_photo/M715/

Nice pics where did you get the top from?