Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this Guy For Real?

Default Is this Guy For Real?

I've e-mailed and called. No response to either. Anyone have any experience with him? Site says a new owner.

http://www.mvdataplates.com/
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I've just emailed...nothing either.
    Thanks for all the help!

I go to Peoria alot, the next time I'm in town I'll swing by N. Sheridan and see whats there. He is listed in the White Pages in a suburb of Peoria.

I talked to him about 2 weeks ago, he said he was sorting out his 715 stuff, and to call him back in a couple weeks, I have emailed him in the past, and it usually takes a couple days to respond. i needed the brass rivets, abnd ended up getting a set from Peter debella at the Jim Thorp PA meet last week.

Duane

Default M101a1

I need M101A1 plates. Been trying all winter to contact him. I am constantly amazed at people who go into business and ignore the number 1 rule "call people back!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    ... people who go into business and ignore the number 1 rule "call people back!!!"
    That's Business Etiquette 101, and a proprietor has only until 9a.m., the following day, to return that call.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    That's Business Etiquette 101,
    No, that's common sense, if you want to keep that customer as yours.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Pet Peeve

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    No, that's common sense, if you want to keep that customer as yours.
    A bit off topic but businesses not returning calls is my #1 pet peeve. Why do companies, or even small independent guys, pay all that money for web sites, telephone listings and the like and then NEVER return or even ANSWER calls or e-mails? I'm having some issues with Anderson Windows here at my house and they will not return calls.

As a long time business owner, I would need to solicit bids for multi million dollar projects and get all kinds of excuses from the sales reps for not responding. The number 1 excuse? "I was busy" "OK thank you, then you're too busy to do the project."

No wonder we are going down the tubes and unemployment is at 10%!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Ron, my thoughts exactly. That's why I don't put a lot of sympathy toward businesses who fail miserably because of the reasons you mentioned, then blame everything but their poor management.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Contact!

Someone answered the phone! Told me to e-mail my request and I did again but I have no hope there. David said he is buried in requests and really does not know what he has in stock. What a way to run a rail road. Anyway, if no response I'll get what I need at Aberdeen as I know vendors there have them.