Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas Tops

Default Canvas Tops

Ok, my next question is on canvas cab tops (the blue tarp I'm using now kinda kills the whole military look I'm going for). Surplus City has them for 265.00 & WeeBee has them for 345.00. Any thoughts on who has a better product?? Seems like I remember a thread on WeeBee that they take awhile on shipping. I'm leaning towards S.C. but I dont want to fall into that old "you get what you pay for" deal.

Money aside, get the one that is the newest made the most recently from the newest batch of canvas. Think of a canvas top as an opened soda. It is only good for so long and nothing you do to it is going to make it good after that time.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Is Mona still in business?
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?

ya mona is still in business, i bought the canvas top from her and just recently bought the cargo cover with 2 end curtains. they just take a little time on the shipping. but you dont have to pay for it till they have it made and are ready to ship.

get the one from Surplus City, They make them as ordered, and even thought people have gone around and around on tops on the board, Surplus City tops quality have never been a problem. put the other money in your pocket for something else.

Duane

Just want to chime in here, I ordered one with the zippered roll up window from them. I got it in 3 weeks for 345.00. Same price as I paid for one from Mona that took 10 months to get. They made it and did a pretty good job, I now wish they'd put the window about 4" lower though. Great fit, heavy gauge canvas and heavy zippers.
    Anyway, SC WILL make a custom top if you ask/order it like that.

Default canvas top and spare parts

Hello,
    I have just bough a m715 (in Belgium) and look for a canvas top and others sapre parts.
    What do you think about the internet site "sales@m715kaiserjeep.com" (quality and prices) ?

Phil

I am glad you told me that, I am going to order a top from SC and will call them about the zip in window, was it larger than stock or standard size?

Thanks for all the info guys, looks like I'll order one from SC. Duane, would you let us know what you find out about the sizes?? Thanks, Tracy

Hello phil i will go one of these days to vandevelde in Ways If you need spare parts let me know so i will inform you