Thread: Question about PTO

Default Question about PTO

I have finally made it forward to the transmission and taken it apart. All of the gears, bearings and syncros look good in the trans, but the PTO box output shaft won't turn freely by hand. I have it off of the transmission case. In the neutral position the gears that mesh with the transmission move freely but I can't move the output at all. Do these have bearing problems? Are parts easy to find for this model?

I haven't pulled the shaft end apart on one of these. Others I have pulled apart have been both bearings on some and bushings on others.

For as little as it will ever get used and as slow as it will ever go, grease it, spray it, lube it and leave it is my advice.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post

For as little as it will ever get used and as slow as it will ever go, grease it, spray it, lube it and leave it is my advice.
    Yeah what Barrman said!
    Redneck1
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?

I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks.