Thread: Its time Jon

Default Its time Jon

I have recieved 10 PMs from new members about viruses coming from my PC. Its time to make it so NEWBS cannot send PMs till they have 10 posts.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I couldn't agree more! I don't think they are doing it deliberately though, because the addresses are typed funny. Must be some type of worm.

Sure seems like that would solve it. I got two trojans yesterday. I wasn't even in those bad places on the internet.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

But very annoying nonetheless. I agree with gimp. Newbs shouldn't be able to pm.

Or have access to our e-mail address through the messages section?

The pm setup is being reworked...I am so sorry these clowns are doing this and Hammer and I have several things going on to build protection for all.

As far as your email, they dont have access to it. The only ways you can get email from them are:

You have the box checked in your profile to send you an email whenever you get a new pm...so the server itself sends you a message saying you received a pm...the spammer cannot see your email this way at all and doesnt even know you had been notified of the pm.

AND

Members can use an email other members link...but when this is selected, EVEN BY ME, the server takes the text and sends it without ever showing the person sending the message the email it is going to.

As an admin, I can go into the server and find email addys for members...but there is no way members can...your email is safe from these bozos.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!