Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man in Black

Default Man in Black

Pm from Man in Black. Stating I have virus with attachment. I noticed hes also Banned.

I got one of those too so I suspect it's bogus and didn't click any of the links in the email.

I got an e-mail from him also, didn't click on any of it. I want to delete it but I'm unsure about trick e-mails, can they set it up to infect a computer when a person hits delete? I guess this shows just how much I don't know about computers.

Quote Originally Posted by boghog View Post
    I got an e-mail from him also, didn't click on any of it. I want to delete it but I'm unsure about trick e-mails, can they set it up to infect a computer when a person hits delete? I guess this shows just how much I don't know about computers.
    Just delete it. They used the private message system from the zone, so there is no way it has anything hidden embedded in it to worry about. Just don't click the link included in the message and your golden.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaWilkins View Post
    ...Just don't click the link included in the message and your golden.
    Oops...

Dang it!

Dont click the link!

This person has been banned along with their IP address and all the pms they sent or received have been deleted.

I hope no one is hurt by this jerk.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Got one too, and was going to start a thread about it, but I see I wasn't the only one.

Glad you guys caught it.

I hate spammers...........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Got one also,
    Thanks Jon, for keeping on top of it.

I got one as well. I figured Jon would be on top of it so I thought I'd check the forum first, lol. Hope everyone is doing well here at The Zone.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Turns out it is someone in the Ukraine.

The link in those messages DOES have an auto loading malware that tries to run an exploit rogue scanner. This a a malware program that loads itself and would work like this info I found to explain it:

In simple words "rogue scanner" is animated website, where you are informed that your computer is infected and to click the "OK" button to check your computer, then they show your partitions (like in "My computer") and claim to check status and find many infections, then they recommended you to download their application to remove these infections. The application itself very often looks like an antivirus program (very similar design) and then offers you a removal procedure for $$$, but nothing is done, everything is fake to get money from not skilled users. The application also opens "doors" to other infections to your computer (disabling Anti Virus, monitoring your activity - passwords, credit card number...).

I have deleted all the pm's sent from this clown. So if you had one and wondered where it went, it is GONE!

Thanks to everyone who sent me the heads up pm's and emails. I regret the clowns still find ways to annoy us but we are constantly looking for ways to seal out everything we can...thanks for your help in this everyone!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!