Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auxiliary fuel tank?

Is there an easy to bolt in auxiliary fuel tank for our trucks? I'm trying to increase my truck's range... Since I'll be carrying my spare tire on the bed, I suppose I could use the area where the spare tire used to go.
    Thanks,
    Mikel

eh, not really. I think Spicer was screwing around with a Bronco tank but I dont' know if he got that to work right or not. I've got a sweet auxiliary tank on my Cherokee, and when I gut everything I'm going to see if it will fit the ambulance.. looks to be a rectangular deal, bolts in where the spare goes... No idea what the 715's look like underneath but something similar might work just fine.... just fine.... hehe.
    **I heart Bump_r **

After looking in the book a while back, I found that it would be possible to put a 25 gallon tank fron a 75 Ranchero in the spare tire well up under the rear and still have room to put a skid plate across the frame rails to protect it...never figured out the filler neck...I was simply looking in a catalog of tanks you can get new and trying to find the largest capacity tank that would fit that space and leave room for at least a 1/4 inch skid plate.
    I'm sure there are other options out there....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Mud'og put a tank there in his. It hung down below the frame rails some I think. http://homepage.mac.com/m715/jeep/index.html

i could get a stainless one made to your specs......

Thank you all.

Lee, please tell me more

I was thinking of going to my local sheetmetal place to see if they would bend me two "u" sections of 12ga sheet metal that I could MIG together...

well a stock replacement ss one is 350,baffled , 3 inch inlet, pickup and return tube. i had no takers though......
    get me your measurements and openings and such and ill ask them. my tank is very heavy and i think around 14 to 16ga.

i am going to have them build me a storage box to fit under there. for my tire chains, snatch blocks,rope and misc stuff that isnt used too often, but when needed its nice to have. i guess ill sell my spare tire bracket, and fab a new one, instead of ruining an original one.

Default I need some thoughts

Rear tank for 86 era ford truck looks real close and does not hang down like blazer/suburban tank.

Hello Lee,
    I'll try to get some dimensions, but it will be a while before I can get to the fuel tanks due to the purchase of a 66 Toronado...
    Thanks,
    Mikel

Default Glad noise

Mikel, where did you get that avater? its sweet!!! i put a tank from a '91 blazer s-10 back there where the spare tire goes. it works good for me cuz its go the electric fuel pump.

-BrianM