Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the search has ended and jeep home

Default the search has ended and jeep home

seems like forever but i have finaly got my first m715 and drove it 200 miles home. the trip was fun with my friend Jay ridding shotgun.we met the trucker who had my rig on his back most of the way from WV. The shipping contractor i delt with was a pain but when the found Frank and Sue from Linhares Trucking i was very pleased with the service they provided and frank drove further then he was paid to for no extra charge.
    I dont know if i can explain the feeling of excitment i had when i saw it but it was very like falling in lov with my wife (love at firs site) and i knew that nothing was going to seperate me from this rig.
    Frank stayed around untill i drove it around the parking lot a bit to make sure it was in good running order and he told me if it wasnt he would have no problem bringing it the rest of the way, but after driving it i knew there was no way i was going to pass this up i had it and i wanted to drive it. so with a hand shake and a promise to promote for linhares trucking frank was on his way and Jay and i were waiting for the girls to finish up at the rest stop so we figured we would drive it around a bit.
    And then we stoped and poped the hood to give it one more lookover befor hitting the road and i am glade we did because i found that gas had been spitting from the fuel pum and had gottin all over the front axel. we tightined the line up and the leek slowed down a lot but still leeked. we figure it is the flare not done properly.
    we figured we would try our luck and drive it after an hour of trying to fix it without a flare tool. well the truck had just enough gas in it to get to the next rest area like 30 miles. when i got there $50 on mastercard and the look on there faces when they saw the jeep pricless.
    Another thirty miles to the walmart got us a fire extinguisher and some stable for the gas and we were off again (after driving over everything legal in the parking lot, snow piles etc). sorry no pics didnt think of it till after.
    well hate to end it with out any thing crazy but the truck took the ride with no problems and i am happy that nothing happened. it goes down the road great at 60 and wanted more but it was lloud but ran strong
    just want to say thanks for all you interest and help in finding this jeep i realy am like a little kid at christmas all over again, and once i figure out how to upload pics i will have an album on here that everyone can go to and see the pics of the trucks that never happend and the one is now proudly owned
    thanks Rob

Absolute congratulations!! You realize you need a duece to go in tandem. Well not really but they sure are fun. Very cool and you know the drill.

PICTURES MAN!!!!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by RJBM715 View Post

Wow, somebody did a lot of work to that thing. Nice score.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

That one looks familier. Where at in WV did you buy it?
    Nice piece by the way. They still look better freshly wheeled!

Filler neck on either side?

Yes has filler neck on both sides two tanks ac cruse control power ster and brake boost 350 v8 power wipers tap deck cb radio three spare tires lots of little parts bows for tho bed trailer brakes and if I find mor I'll post it
    thanks again Rob