Thread: Locating an M715

Default Locating an M715

Hello I'm new to the forum. Been lurking a little bit. I'm a member of IFSJA and own two full size jeeps a 76 Wagoneer & a 78 Cherokee S. I saw my first M715 while on IFSJA and absolutely fell in love with them. I keep trying to locate one in my area (Arizona). I was wondering if there are any special auctions or locations these very cool rigs can be found?

There ued to be a guy down there...Jacks surplus I think is the name...kaiserjeeps here on the site bought one from him...not sure where in AZ he is...Tucson maybe?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    There ued to be a guy down there...Jacks surplus I think is the name...kaiserjeeps here on the site bought one from him...not sure where in AZ he is...Tucson maybe?
    Not to get off topic but I see your from Wisconsin. I used to live in the great north woods myself up in Prentice.

I'm near Wausau...anytime you are up and around...let me know!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Often, the M715 vehicles are available on GSA auctions. Most of them found there need some work, if that is your interest. For as few of these trucks that were produced, it seems that they are fairly easy to locate. Good luck in your search.

Sorry I took Jacks only true rust free truck over ten years ago.
    They were most all in good shape. But they did have little issues here and there.
    He also charges 6500 for a truck the he goes through. Brakes, makes it run etc.
    It suited my needs at the time as I wanted a driver. I had enough projects going at that time. I ended up redoing everything over time anyway.
    I had to sell the old girl a few months ago as it was time to unload a couple jeeps and live a little more realistically. To bad you can't unload kids like that.

Save your money and buy the one in my driveway. It's a 1969. It is a winch truck. It's a rust free truck. The cab and nose have been painted 24087. The bed is waiting for warmer weather. About two hours and it will run. Talk to 503m715. It is his. He can't decide to keep it or sell it. I'll help him out here....
    Either that or I get it someday. If I could afford a 4th jeep I would keep this one. It is a solid candidate for a good restoration. Finish the bed and some decals and you are most of the way there.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

there's 2 pages of them on craigslist:
    http://craiglook.com/all.html?q=m715

Thanks Guys guess I'll start off with searching the GSA's and see what that turns up. I know that alot of government agencies and municipalities used them as water trucks and fire trucks so maybe I can get one that way.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagetrks View Post
    Thanks Guys guess I'll start off with searching the GSA's and see what that turns up. I know that alot of government agencies and municipalities used them as water trucks and fire trucks so maybe I can get one that way.

Its not too late to quit cold turkey btw, but sounds like thats not the way you are headed. In my mind the M715 is "THE" FSJ to have.

I found mine on http://www.jeeptruck.com.