Thread: New seats 68+77+ Corbeau's equals perfect fit seats.

Default New seats 68+77+ Corbeau's equals perfect fit seats.

Ok so my M715 had this giant sofa looking bench seat in it that was really too tall. I researched and kept seeing how FSJ seat mounts would work for sliders. I also realized in all my searching while owning a J10 that any CJ7 seats would work on stock FSJ sliders. However nothing I found was years specific for FSJ to 715's. Sooo I went and found some local buckets up north for 50.00 with the sliders. Went and picked them up and they were for a 77-82 FSJ. Also at this point I got an email from another FSJ guy saying he had 68 Gladiator with the sliders and they would fit my floor right. Ok so I sat the 77-82 seats and sliders in, and even though they would work they were a little short front to back. Now I could drill and probably get them to mount up. I also noticed they were wayyyy shorter then my bench seat so I would need spacers.I contacted the guy with the Gladiator sliders and said go ahead and send them too me. Got them in yesterday and ahhhhh they were perfect for the holes in the floor and about 2 inches taller then the others so perfect. Also these came in http://www.corbeau.com/products/susp...seats/baja_jp/ .

Now looking at the bottom of my new seats I noticed all the mounting holes were drilled and taped for a bolt and my Gladiator sliders had studs sticking up from them. No biggie I can drill them I thought since the holes lined up perfectly with the slide mounts. So remembering that CJ7's were a direct bolt in to FSJ's I flipped my 77-82 seats upside down and walla they are bolted on. To my next delight I measured both mounting holes for the sliders on the Gladiator and the 77-82's and they were exact. So 68 mounts, 77-82 sliders, and any CJ7 seat you like and there you have a sweet new pair of seats. looks to be perfect heigth too and plenty of room. Even gave me a hair more leg room I think. If the weather clears a bit tommorrow I will get them in and there will be pics. I guess I should start a build thread since I am coming along nicely. LOL
    No longer on the hunt.

Wow...great detective work...cant wait for pics!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Old seat and then the 77-82 s

No longer on the hunt.

Ok I lied sorta. The holes where the sliders bolted to the floor brackets where about 1/4 inch different. So technically you could do one of two things. I like the newer sliders so I drilled the floor mounts. Took all of ten minutes. On the other hand the gladiator mounts and sliders actually lined up perfectly with the holes in the new seats and you could drill the bolt holes in the seat and add a nut over the top. It would cut it kinda close though depth wise. I also used the spacers that were under the 77-82 sliders. Slid all the way back the seat is 1/4 inch off the back of the cab. Plus a little more leg room because the seat back is slimmer. Very comfy too as these are the wide but seats. LOL

No longer on the hunt.