Thread: how much backspacing should i have

Default how much backspacing should i have

Im going with a set of super swampers boggers 38.5 x 15.5 x 16 and need to know how much backspacing i need to set the tire under my truck with stock axles as far as i can without hitting something . i want the tire to set as far in as it can because in my state the tire cant set out more than 1/2 inch or i will get a ticket . so is it possilbe to set this tire under the truck without sticking out past the fender more than 1/2 inch ( i think i know the answer but i ask it anyway lol ) . but how close do you think i can get ? going to go with marshall rims 16 x 10 .

If you go with more than about 4 1/2" you'll be getting into the springs when you turn. Actually you might already with that wide of a tire. Even with the big fender flairs that the 715 already has you are probably going to have to add something on. I've seen guys using that same kind of woven rubber that is along the top of my snow plow to good effect. Mold around the curve pretty well and are strong enough to hold their shape and not droop.
    Good luck and take some pics when you get them on!
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

I have the exact tires on mine with stock axles. I have home made hummer wheels that are recentered. I have a back spacing of 4.75 that was limited by what I could get out of the hummer rims. Granted, I have rims that are only 8.25 inches wide, but I have a little over two inches spacing between the rear tires and the springs. The front actually could have used more backspacing also. If I wasnt limited by the hummer rims, I would have gone with 5.75 to 6 inches of backspacing. Look at the thread "hummer bead lock wheels finished"

The 8.25 inch rim makes me keep the tire pressure to 15 PSI so that the contact patch is flat on the ground.