My Drive line angles , are they acceptable?
Post by elohim1 on Oct 20, 2006, 11:33pm

I now have the complete drive line installed. I am using Rockwells with a divorced Np205.

I first set the manifold where the Carb sits, its level.

I then set the 205 square and in line with the tranny, since I have about a 4" jack shaft.

Looking from the passenger side the rear flange on the 205 is pointing down towards the rear axle about 4 degrees , therefore it is pointing above the ft. axle the same.

The rear axle flange is setting at 0 degrees.

The front axle flange is setting at 6 degrees, pointing towards the 205.

The rear drive shaft angle is 15 degrees.

The front drive shaft angle is 11 degrees , which will increase a little because I need to raise the front up about 2 1/2" due to when I had new springs made and changed load rating the #'s didnt come out right for the truck to sit level with the Big Block installed. Its high in the back.

Are these numbers acceptable ?

I was considering wedging the rear axle so it was pointing up towards the tcase at 4 degrees. It seems like it would make since if one end of the drive shaft is going one direction you would want the other end going the opposite direction at the same angle.

If this would be true , I would also need to rewedge the front so it points down to the ground by 4 degrees (a 10 degree change from where it currently is setting.)

Now that I have explained everything as clear as mud , let me hear some thoughts.

Chris