Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E Brake Pic

Default E Brake Pic

Mine has no E brake handle in it right now. Anyone got a pick of where it was mounted in the ole 715. I am think of converting the 14 bolt rear to disc and using a line lock until I can get and Atlas then going to try the transfer case pinion brake. I could use eldorado calipers but have heard some hinky things about them.
    No longer on the hunt.

You know the link button at the top of the page called "online maintenance manuals" shows you everything you ever wanted to know about the truck and much more? This is the picture you are wanting.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=20chap2-20
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

LOL Smart guy wrong link. However I have never noticed the online manuals thingy. Found it on the second click thanks for the tip. I google searched a bunch to no luck. I figured it was some weird type lever and would not help my needs but just making sure.
    No longer on the hunt.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'd shy away from a line-lock as a parking brake. They will leak down after a while.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Tempory fix till I can afford the atlas and the brake. Being an auto I feel better then if it was a standard. I have a lot to work thru on this beast and just weighing options. Worse case my drums have ebrake and all cables and just need some sort of handle and mount in the cab but I really like discs. I have found some street rod style and they look pretty decent. I am also not very fond of the way the E brake lines hang down on the frame. I think its time I invest in a Plasma cutter I am going to need it. LOL
    No longer on the hunt.

Your right though, probably a waste of time on the line lock.
    No longer on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    You know the link button at the top of the page called "online maintenance manuals" shows you everything you ever wanted to know about the truck and much more? This is the picture you are wanting.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=20chap2-20
    No, I needed a diagram a few weeks ago. I looked at the online manuals, couldnt find one with a good view.
    I never found this one showing the linkage in a clear, easy to understand manner.
    Feast or famine,

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

What is wrong with the link? I know the pictures Jon posted have more of what you need, but I just clicked my link and it is the manual page showing the shifters and e brake handle. If you are getting something different, please let me know.

By the way, I went through your town twice Saturday coming and going on a parts run to OKC. I didn't have any M715 parts on board, so you probably didn't feel an un explainable need to go watch vehicles go by from an overpass. The next time you feel that need, post up. I might have driven through with M715 parts at that time.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw