Thread: 24 Volt Trickle Charger & Battery Maintainer

Default 24 Volt Trickle Charger & Battery Maintainer

Any interest in either 24 volt maintainers or 24 volt trickle chargers? Not much out there commercially except aircraft units and anything for aircraft is expensive. I recently assembled one for myself and it works great. Floats the batteries at 26 volts. I can build a maintainer for about $20 delivered to your door and a trickle charger for $3 more. They would be like a "wall wart" with small battery clips. This is a non profit venture. I would need to special order parts so I'm not sure how we would handle the $$ as I don't want to order lots of stuff and then have cancellations.

Comments?
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Two days with nary a reply, eh? Hmmmm.... Weird.

I just saw this and think that wouldn't be a bad idea at all! My truck doesn't get run much over the winter months. So I think a trickle charger would be great, but it's parked about 75 feet from the nearest power source, if its even that close. You're not talking solar charger, are ya?
    -- Tim Taylor

I think they'd be great to have an you "should" actually make a fair profit on them IMHO as if you advertised them in the right circles, lots of mil guys would like to have them I'd think.

The solargizer should work for you Binford, saw them on ebay for around $55 shipped and was considering getting one (once my junk runs lol)

It's not a bad idea, but I'd just go give harbor freight $10 for two 12v ones... or $20 for two 12V 3A automatic chargers...

Now, if as binford said, you could give us good prices on solar ones... you'd have a full-time job filling orders.

--Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randygar View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but I'd just go give harbor freight $10 for two 12v ones... or $20 for two 12V 3A automatic chargers...

Now, if as binford said, you could give us good prices on solar ones... you'd have a full-time job filling orders.

--Randy
    No problem. For me, it's nice to just plug one charger in and connect 2 leads, not 4. I have a BIG 24 volt military one but it can't be turned down low enough and the draw is large.

Your harbour freight is much cheaper then ours. Seems strange.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era