Thread: vrod02 : Weird

Default vrod02 : Weird

Weird
    Post by vrod02 on Dec 3, 2006, 11:20am

Had 715 out yesterday in the snow messin around,tight turning ect. On 4 inches of snow,low gear,bald tires,idling,turned all the way jumpin and buckin like it was full locker on concrete! Did this on pavement a few weeks ago and this did not happen.Got a lot of play somewhere. I can move the truck by hand 4 inches forward and bacward,shut off in gear.Seems to be in the transfer case at the front axle.Chain loose?

Default tacomainoh :

Re: Weird
    Post by tacomainoh on Dec 3, 2006, 11:23am

Ok. Not sure what you are trying to say. Lots of slop in the steering? in the drivetrain?????

what do you mean "move the truck by hand 4 inches"? Like, roll it? or side to side?

Default vrod02 :

Post by vrod02 on Dec 3, 2006, 11:31am

Sorry in the drivetrain not steering. On flat ground in 1st I can push and pull the truck probable 4inches in both directions.No problems side to side.Underneath the only axle that has play is the front leaving the tranfer, I can move it probably45 degrees both directions 90 degees total,Its not in any of the universal's either.

Default ih200 :

Post by ih200 on Dec 3, 2006, 11:59am

I think what was happening is no problem. In a tight turn in 4x4 something has to slip and on snow it will slip. My old binder does the same thing, even in 2wd in real tight turns.

Default vrod02 :

Post by vrod02 on Dec 3, 2006, 12:09pm

I'll buy that.I also dont have much seat time in these,rough ride with no weight. I need some taller tires so I can drop the pressure on this Hardtail! Is there a chain in the sp200 or gear to gear? If so can it be adjusted?

Default boghog :

Post by boghog on Dec 3, 2006, 12:13pm

Its all gear driven. I believe it is the fore father to the 205.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Dec 3, 2006, 12:26pm

Totally missed the chain comment. Yes, the NP200 is the precursor to the 205. It is gear driven, as boghog already said.

You probably just have an accumulation of slop in all the gears in the drivetrain: trans, T-case, and axles. I wouldn't worry about it.