Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: hummer103 : What Trailer to Pull a M715?

Default beast :

Re: What Trailer to Pull a M715?
    Post by beast on Oct 21, 2006, 10:16am

Quote:
    67beast posted some pics from last christmas of his M35 pulling his M715...

Yep, the trailer is a 20 footer. 18' with a 2' dove tail. My 715 fits on it fine and has been towed all around the state on it. These pics were from a Christmas parade I was about to head out too.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Oct 21, 2006, 2:05pm

you can never wear out a ratchet binder....... i used mine for 25 years hauling coils of steel 50,000lbs each ...... i kept them oiled never had one losen up , never broke a hook ........ and it dont matter where the lever is , fwd or reverse it wont loosen on its own........
    bob

Default jeepkaiser715 :

Post by jeepkaiser715 on Oct 21, 2006, 3:08pm

Thank you Xjchief!
    Beast, thank you for posting the pics! i am curious as to how you hooked the trailer up to the truck? is the height of the trailer 36in or did you lower the pintle? thank you for the pics! i love your set up its exactly what i want to do with mine

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Oct 21, 2006, 7:13pm

THAT IS A SUPER NICE RIG SET. AND LOOKS LIKE HE KNOW HOW TO SECURE IT TOO....

Default gimpyrobb :

Post by gimpyrobb on Oct 21, 2006, 8:10pm

Bob after reading your insight on the ratchet binders, I will be using them in the future.

Default beast :

Post by beast on Oct 21, 2006, 9:22pm

Quote:
    Thank you Xjchief!
    Beast, thank you for posting the pics! i am curious as to how you hooked the trailer up to the truck? is the height of the trailer 36in or did you lower the pintle? thank you for the pics! i love your set up its exactly what i want to do with mine

It has a 2" reciever added under the pintle. The rear of my deuce it different because it had been converted to a dump bed. I ran an extra set of rear composit lights and wiring on the trailer so that I can hook up to the 24v with the deuce and run one set or hook up to the original set for towing with my Superduty on 12v.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Oct 21, 2006, 10:30pm

NOTHING WRONG WITH LVER BINDER BUT YOU GOTTA BE CAREFUL WITH THEM WHEN YOU CLOSE OR OPEN THEM. I NEVER HAD ONE OF THEM FAIL ALSO. THOSE YOU WRAP THE CHAIN AROUND THEM FOR SAFETY. I STILL USE THEM ALOT PROBABLY MORE THAN MY RATCHET BINDERS BUT I DONT TRUCK ANYMORE AND THE MOST I TIE DOWN IS A VEHICLE OR PARTS. I,VE SEEN THEM HURT SEVERAL PEOPLE BAD THOUGH AND SEEN EM SLING CHEATER PIPES ALL THEY WAY ACROSS THE LOADING BAY..... EVERYBODY WANTS TO OVER TIGHTEN THEM AND ITS NOT NECESARY. WHEN YOU GOT ALL THE SLACK OUT OF A CHAIN ITS AS TIGHT AS ITS GONNA GET. ALWAYS CROSS ( X ) CHAIN A VEHICLE FRONT AND REAR. PULL FRONT END BACK AND PULL REAR END FOWARD. NOT LIKE IT SHOWS IN THE REAR OF THIS DUCE PHOTO

Default beast :

Post by beast on Oct 22, 2006, 8:29am

The chains were crossed in the front. I don't like to cross the rears because I feel you can keep better tension on the vehicle with straight pulls versus angled pulls, simple mathmatics. The front is crossed to keep the vehicle from shifting side to side, especially where it has the most wieght (motor). The rears are for keeping everything in place, especially during braking. Also when I trailer a normal vehicle, I hold everything down from the axles to allow the vehicles suspension to naturally absorb the bumps during travel. This also prevents from hitting a large bump and causing the suspension to compress and loosen the bindings.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Oct 22, 2006, 2:37pm

I CHAIN THE AXLES DOWN BUT ITS IN MY OPINION TO X CHAIN FROM SPERIENCE

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Oct 22, 2006, 5:56pm

SIMPLE MATH ?? WHAT KEEPS THE LOAD FROM SHIFTING SIDEWAYS IN THE REAR ? ALSO SAME WITH FRONT WHEN YOU DONT PULL X CHAINS TO THE REAR. CAN MOVE SIDEWAYS OR TOWARDS THE FRONT, SAME GOES FOR THE REAR CANT GO SIDEWAYS OR TO THE BACK. THERES A REASON FOR X CHAINNING. DONT THINK IT CANT GO SIDEWAYS. FIRST THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET IN A WRECK AFTER TAKING CARE OF THE INGERED, DOT COMES QUICKLY AND ANILIZES THE WRECK, CHECKS YOUR SECUREMENT, TAGS FOR WEIGHT BEING HAULED IF OVER 19,001 LBS GROSS YOU GOTTA HAVE COMMERCIAL LICENCE, DOT PHYICAL, BE ON A DRUG TESTING PROGRAM, MVR RECORD CHECK ON SITE, SAFETY CHECK, DRUG & ALCOHOL SCREEN RIGHT THEN OFF TO A HOSPITAL, ETC. BE READY THEY ARE !!!!! I,AM DONE. GOOD HAULING TO ALL, BE SAFE LIFES DEPEND ON IT SAME FOR YOUR WALLET , AND YOUR FREEDOM IF A PROBLEM ARRISES.