Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: barrman : Green Weekend (7 pictures)

Default barrman :

Re: Green Weekend (7 pictures)
    Post by barrman on Sept 18, 2006, 11:55am

#2 in the middle drawing of hte steering wheel. # 6 is also torn up. Looking at the picture, I think what happened is #7 didn't push back into the spring which caused too much pressure on the plastic under neath #2. Which ruined # 2 and the plastic.

Kwai,
    The last I knew, you had 5 of these things. If I started painting on one of them, it would never end. You would probably try to tell me your Mule was just a M715 frame too.

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 18, 2006, 2:26pm

Looking good. Nice to see another getting the USMC green. I only used 2 gallons of paint on the whole truck. That is putting up to 5 coats on some areas with the truck completely dissassemblied.

Also do you happen to have a stock steering wheel from your old colum?

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:03pm

I have painted besides the truck: 5 Rims, 4 brake drums, 2 extra tie rods, 8 M715 b/o light assemblies, 11 M35 b/o light assemblies, 2 b/o spot lights, 2 air horns, 2 complete heater set ups, Ramsey winch, winch frame, 2 complete a/c housings, 5 trailer rims, part of my trailer, engine upper end, engine accesories, engine air cleaner, all OBA parts visible under hood, a 6' x 3' metal work bench, motorcycle parts and I'm sure other stuff I can't remember. I basically think I could have done the entire truck with the amount of paint already sprayed.

I do have a spare steering wheel as of yesterday. But, it is in really good condition compared to the one I installed. I plan to clean it up and paint it and then swap it out at a later date. After swapping columns out over the weekend, I think I am going to build my spare up and keep it. It is a lot easier to swap columns than to mess with the problems at either end I have learned.

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Sept 18, 2006, 5:43pm

The part I have is the contact ring that you can remove without removing the steering wheel.

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Sept 18, 2006, 9:10pm

The seat looks like the drivers seat out of the M35A3.

Default agengr :

Post by agengr on Sept 18, 2006, 9:45pm

how about some pics of the trail 50 painted?

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 18, 2006, 10:50pm

Since Nick met Colton, I keep him up to date on stuff I learn Colton is doing. I like the idea of Colton getting involved in work on his own wheels and am sort of doing that with Nick as well. Now that he learns Colton is painting his trail rider USMC green, guess what Nick wants to do with his go-cart!

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 19, 2006, 8:10am

Kwai,
    I have already have a spare ring that comes off with the three little slotted screws under the horn cap. Thanks for the offer though.

Colton had soccer practice last night and has a game tonight. Hopefully, we will get him painting the "show" or more visible when assembled side Wednesday evening. We ordered all the parts needed for it last Monday. I called yesterday to check on the progress of the order and they had no record of it. They had billed me for it though. I don't want a double billing, so once my bank shows them as refunding that money, I will try the process again. That means there really isn't anyway the Trail 50 is going to make the FE. Which once I think about it is probably the best. I would rather he learn some more at home before he is around other people.

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 19, 2006, 8:36am

I will be bringing my buggy to the FE so the kids can play around on that.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 19, 2006, 9:03am

You fix your e-brake yet? It might be needed after seeing those pictures.