Default jed :

Re: New Member
    Post by jed on Sept 1, 2006, 11:25am

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/12879

This is where I bought them. Tellico4x4

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 1, 2006, 11:55am

Depending on the condition of your t-case, front drive shaft and front axle. Lock out hubs will also make a much smoother ride (relatively) without all those parts rotating. Saves wear on those parts too.

Default jeepkaiser715 :

Post by jeepkaiser715 on Sept 1, 2006, 1:16pm

Thanks for the part number Jed! okay the manual locking hubs that are stock on the truck are causing the driveline to have a load? do these lockouts eleminate that? with or without a locker? so a lockout hub allows me to engage the front axle without having to get out of the truck to turn the hubs? is there an information page somewhere that points out all these factors that i can read? also where is everyone located? anyone in Mass or newengland area?

Default jeepkaiser715 :

Post by jeepkaiser715 on Sept 1, 2006, 1:25pm

Hey Jed i just check the link you sent and discovered i already have those on my truck. thats why i got confused. i'm working on posting a pic of my truck right now

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Sept 1, 2006, 1:51pm

The M715 came with the front hubs permanently engaged to the front axle shafts. Therefore, when a front tire moves, so does the front axle shaft and front driveshaft. But, you only have to move 1 lever inside the cab to be in four wheel drive.

Installing lock out hubs give you the option of running the truck like above when they are "engaged" or having only the front tire and hub spin when the lock outs are "disengaged." Disengaged means you have to stop the truck, get out, lock in the hubs, get back in and then pull the same lever inside the cab to get four wheel drive.

Here is a page with all kinds of information

http://www.m715zone.com/

Read the online manuals and you will see just about everything you need to know.

Default jeepkaiser715 :

Post by jeepkaiser715 on Sept 1, 2006, 2:06pm

yeap i figured that out after i saw what a lockout hub looked like. my truck already has them on there...i thought those came stock so the guy that had it before me must have installed them. i have the link for my picture, so i'll be posting that shorty. Thank you for the information page barrman