Thread: jeepwillie : Artic top to NO top?

Default jeepwillie : Artic top to NO top?

Artic top to NO top?
    Post by jeepwillie on Jul 15, 2006, 3:04pm

I'm relatively new to the Zone. This is my first M715 and I love the thing! It currently has an Arctic top and as a few of you know I searching for the all the goodies for a rag top. In the mean time, I was wondering if I can remove the arctic top and drive around or would that be too much stress on the windshield brackets? I noticed two bolts on each side of the arctic top that go into the windshield frame, but I was wondering how much support the top really provides the windshield. I saw a guy recently at a show who's M was completely topless, but I'm not sure if he drove it that way or not.

Sorry for the long round-about question.

-Will

Default jeepistdougiowa :

Re: Artic top to NO top?
    Post by jeepistdougiowa on Jul 15, 2006, 4:04pm

It's plenty stout to drive without a top...have fun!

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 15, 2006, 5:08pm

YOu can go top off windshield up or top off windshield down. Just how much wind do you want in your face. Wear gogles or motorcycle glasses if you fold the windshield down. Oh and don't smile...lol

Default airborne :

Post by airborne on Jul 15, 2006, 5:44pm

k8icu, Don't smile? Everytime I go someplace with the windshield down,and someone goes by,you can't help but smile the way they look at the truck. Everyone of them wishes they could trade places,just for a little while, and drive that truck!

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 18, 2006, 9:03pm

well air born I ment as in you'll ge bugs in your teeth, but hey some people like that...Lol.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 18, 2006, 11:47pm

don't worry, they don't actually go fast enough to stop smiling. LOL

Default bigwheelbob :

Post by bigwheelbob on Jul 19, 2006, 6:13am

I use to have a bunch of those goggles that the boys brought back from Saudi, those things worked great for windshield down.