Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kaiserkoski : 12v feul gage?

Default kaiserkoski : 12v feul gage?

12v feul gage?
    Post by kaiserkoski on Jun 5, 2006, 10:44pm

what after market feul gages and sending units work when switching to 12v?

Default brute4c :

Re: 12v feul gage?
    Post by brute4c on Jun 6, 2006, 8:20am

From the Part File in the Online Manuals:

Quote:
    Napa will sell you the whole she-bang setup. The part #501-1742 and has the sending unit (tank) plus the gauge (dash) included for around $30.00 I have used
    several of these kits and they work well, hope this helps youns some.
    from Cutworm98 #2847 7/16/99

Default wrecker :

Post by wrecker on Jun 6, 2006, 11:24am

Also, if you're adding guages as a set and want them all to match, the sending unit and the guage have to have the same ohm range. If this NAPA part number guage doesn't suit your app, you should be able to swap to the style of guage you want as long as you know the ohm range of the sender.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Jun 6, 2006, 11:34am

To add to the post I made above...the Napa number above is for a kit that has a sending unit and gauge that are matched. The sending unit fits the stock M715 tank screw pattern and the depth of the sending unit is adjustable so as to make a perfect fit...course it might not match your other gauges as wrecker sai...but Napa should know what scale ths setup uses....like the Stewart Warner or GM or Ford or Chrysler scale...

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Jun 6, 2006, 12:05pm

Most likely the GM scale. The Autometer gauge and sending unit I bought use the Gm scale also since it is (ugh) more common...

Default kaiserkoski :

Post by kaiserkoski on Jun 6, 2006, 7:27pm

i have been looking at the auto meter gauges. i want to replace all the stock ones with them.
    another question, what abought a speedo? how for past 60 mph can you run the stock one without damage? thanks........

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Jun 6, 2006, 8:07pm

you won't be running a stock truck past 60 - your ears and the transfer case won't take it.

i would recommend an electronic speedometer. they are more expensive, but you can re-calibrate for any tire/gear combo. i didn't use one and wish i had.

Default kaiserkoski :

Post by kaiserkoski on Jun 6, 2006, 8:14pm

i sorry, i am changing the motor/trany/tcase and am just wondering if i need to change the speedo so i can run down the highways whithout a problem..

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Jun 6, 2006, 9:08pm

Even with the running gear change you won't be doing much over 60 MPH unless you have some serious overdrive or you swap gears and/or axles. I swapped all my stock gauges for Autometer Z-Series including the speedo. Nice black faces with black bezels and white markings. Should look decent in a 383 Green dash. Ran me about $250 for the whole set.

Default kaiserkoski :

Post by kaiserkoski on Jun 6, 2006, 9:49pm

those are the same ones that i was looking at. the z-series have a very simple down to buisiness look to them. did you use the universal fuel gauge and sending unit? i have 42" tires on my truck and hope to run at least 65 down the highway and a little more if a honda thinks that he can take me.