Thread: Canvas treatment, The ultimate authority

Default m715

I finially got a chance to ask Judith at New life resources about what they use on their canvas. I have had New lifes canvas on my truck for 4 years now. Even the strongest down pour the canvas still does not even get moist inside. Since my new duece needs treatment real bad and the M715 probably could use another treatment I called to ask. She said it is a product called Canvak. It can be found at Cabelas. 17.95 a gallon. She stated the importance of keeping the canvas fibers coated well and suggested two coats on the roof since it sees the brunt of the weather. I'll attempt a link to cabelas site.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rch&hasJS=true

I hope the link works since it's such a long one... If it does not work, pull up cabelas site and type in "canvak" in their search window. The label is funny.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Default Anyone going to FE 2004 from New England??

Al, thanks for sharing your research.
    Robert

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing myself!

I just received 2 gallons yesterday. Stinky stuff. Must be toxic or something. The container says it's not. Now to wait for good weather to paint the stuff on. Cool beans!!

Used the stuff today. Removed the cab top, pressure washed it to clean it. Dried it and it took a 1/2 gallon of canvak to soak the outer shell of the canvas. I did two coats on the roof. This was on my M35A2 so the cab tops are very similar with the M715. A gallon should last a couple years. My M715 is still on the original treatment from New life resources almost 4 years ago. Still no leaks in a down pour...