Thread: socal715 : ATTENTION: SOA Truck owners

Default socal715 : ATTENTION: SOA Truck owners

ATTENTION: SOA Truck owners
    Post by socal715 on May 25, 2006, 6:24pm

ok, i've talk to the owner of www.goferitoffroad.com products. He's a friend of a friend. He is going to be making me some steering arm inserts for my m715 closed knuckle d60 so that i can mount my tie-rod and drag link up on top of the arm, instead of below. This will be a hell of a lot safer than it is now.

Right now they only make these inserts for dana 30 axles. However, ive spoke with him and im going to send him a surplus NOS arm i have so that they can make a prototype set for me. The price range will be from $15.00-$20.00 each when they are finished depending upon how many of us order them. If you guys want in please let me know ASAP!! Im sending him my arm on Tuesday and they will begin work right away.

Here is the information from his website:

"Use this bushing, machined from solid steel, to flip the your tie rod up to the top of your Dana 30 knuckle and get it up out of the way of the rocks! Simply drill out the tapered portion of the knuckle to ?", tap in our insert, weld the lip and you are ready to go. Has the correct taper to accept stock tie rod ends. Includes special spiral lock flanged nut that must be used. Note that TJ's will require modification of the sway bar disconnect on the driver side. Remember that any modification to your steering may result in changes in handling and that we accept no responsibility for the effects of changing your steering components."

The insert.

A d30 knuckle with the insert.

A d30 knuckle with the insert and now tie-rod

Please post up if you have any other questions that i can pass on.

Default mgmorrison :

Re: ATTENTION: SOA Truck owners
    Post by mgmorrison on May 25, 2006, 8:56pm

I have installed these on a D30 before. They help quite a bit. Nice that they are going to make one for us...

Martin

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on May 26, 2006, 12:24am

Hey, Socal... A little off topic, but only kinda sorta. Do you have all the springs in your springpacks, or have you taken some out? One would think you could get away with several fewer springs since you're SOA, unless you plan to haul heavy loads. That would help articulation and such too, eh? Just a thought....

Default airborne :

Post by airborne on May 26, 2006, 6:54am

socal715,I'll take a set. Send a pm, with info. Thanks.

Default socal715 :

Post by socal715 on May 26, 2006, 10:07am

Tim, nope, mine are stock.. rides like a battleship. Yep, taking a leaf or two out would improve the ride and articulation.. however it wouldn't be enough to get the springs out of the steerings way..... especially when you flex the rig out.

airborne... i will hit you up when they're complete and get you the contact info. thanks for letting me know.

Anyone else want in?