Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: binfordm715 : Rapco Parts order

Default binfordm715 : Rapco Parts order

Rapco Parts order
    Post by binfordm715 on Apr 30, 2006, 12:01am

Sometimes I'm a real dumbazz....

Earlier today I placed an order for 2 gallons of 24052 paint, and 4 cans of 24052 spray paint, from Rapco Parts. Then I realized a few hours later that I meant to order a new data plate from them too. Doooh! When I placed the order for the data plate, they want another $9.99 for shipping! (Shipping's 30% of the $33 part!)

When I placed the order for the data plate, I included a comment asking them to include it with the spray paint and save me the extra shipping. Then I followed up with an e-mail, in which I included both confirmation e-mails.

We'll soon see how customer-oriented they are! (And I will let you know either way!) Exalt, or Smite?!

Default compexp :

Re: Rapco Parts order
    Post by compexp on Apr 30, 2006, 9:38am

I've had good luck with them, but I always call them.

You should have ordered 4 gallons of paint, as the UPS hazmat surcharge doesn't go up very much. I know, you don't need 4 gallons of paint, but you'll need some for the new deuce.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Apr 30, 2006, 1:54pm

New deuce, huh? Heh, heh, heh....

I'll give them a call as well on Monday morning to follow up. So, comment in order; follow-up e-mail; and follow-up phone call. I hope they get it!

Fisherman, who will be helping me paint the M715, got the 4 gallons already. Same color. So if I have too little, I'll probably be able to buy some from him. Such is the plan anyway. That's why I only got the 2 gallons.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Apr 30, 2006, 5:38pm

Tim, I went through this with them last month. The paint has a $20.00 hazmat fee from 1-4 gallons. So, you are paying the same for your 2 gallons as it would cost for 4. I also ordered a brake band from them and told them to just put it in the box with the paint. They couldn't do it. The paint box is a special hazmat box that can't have anything else in it. They wanted $17.00 to ship the $24.00 band. I told them to forget it and just send me the paint.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Apr 30, 2006, 10:36pm

Right, but the spray cans have to be shipped separately from the gallon cans. No hazmat fee for the spray cans. So in my case they should be able to put the data plate in with the spray cans.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Apr 30, 2006, 11:14pm

boy i know one thing gillespie paint sure shoots good. i like it alot. sure hope it holds up good to weathering and abrasion.
    i sandblasted all the metal prior to painting, 2 coats of red oxide #3 and 2 coats of 24087 o.d.green. 10psi at the gun HVLP
    bob

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Apr 30, 2006, 11:20pm

You're getting me inspired to start prepping the body, Bob! Be sure to share any tips you picked up with fisherman, eh?

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on May 1, 2006, 9:01am

I agree Bob. That is the most forgiving paint I have ever shot. I love the way it goes on and looks.

Looks like you got the shipping figured out Tim. I should have added 1 spray can to justify the cost of the brake band shipping. something to remember.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on May 1, 2006, 9:13am

I hope I have the shipping figured out! We'll know soon.

They sent me an e-mail saying "thanks for your order; shipping will be $23.00" but didn't say which order, if they're combining orders, if the $23 is more or less than the original shipping, nothing.

I'll give them a call!

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on May 1, 2006, 9:04pm

And the results are????