Engine Help!
Post by rpgdeity on Apr 17, 2006, 12:02am

Alright, so I am out in the shop working on my Jeep as we speak. I need some help. I hope there is somebody here who has worked on the 230, because I'm hoping they will be able to tell what I'm trying to ask, lol. I'll try to add pics, hope it works.

Anyway, I'm working on many things, but right now I'm working on replacing the oil pan gasket. So I dropped the oil pan and started peeling the gasket away. I came to find out that there is "filler block" (thats what the manual calls it) in the way. Well to make a long story short, it appears to me that I would have to pull this thing away from the timing chain cover in the front. I'm worried that I will ruin the timing cover gasket right there and then replacing the oil pan gasket to stop leaks kinda seems stupid.

So anybody replaced the oil pan gasket before? Do I have to pulll this thing off, or should I snip the oil pan gasket to just fit next to this block? If attaching the pic I want will work, its item number 28, which is items number 29 and 30. I have a new gasket (29), I'm wondering about number 30. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me out. I'd like to finish this tonight, but I'll see how fast I get a response. I'd appreciate any help.