Thread: Signal Stat 900 switch

Default Signal Stat 900 switch

Anyone ever seen a 8 wire version of this switch? All the diagrams I found show 7 wires?? The switch I have has 8 wires coming out of it??

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Does it have a hazard flasher position? Or is it the type with the hi/lo headlight switch built in?

Either one of those will account for the extra wire.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Yeah--I believe it does--its got a slide that pulls out and then is held in place by the turn signal lever.

i think that is what mine is. i cant remember the number but it has the flasher switch included
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

If it has the hazard switch, then the extra wire is most likely the one that goes to a seperate hazard flasher. The reason is so that the hazards can be operated seperately and powered with the key off, unlike the turn signals.

If you need it, I should still have the wiring diagram for mine filed away. Let me know if you do.

That might make sense--I saw on another CJ site where a guy was talking about not being able to the use the flasher that was in the fuse box with the CJ harness?? Is it possible then that the one for the fuse box would be used for the turns and a separate one would be needed for the 4 ways??

I'm using a painless gm harness to rewire the truck. I thought this switch would be the easy part

Yup, that's all it is. You can use the same flasher unit for both, but what you'll end up with is what I have:

I paired the supply wires for the hazard, and the turn signals and fed them from the one flasher. It just means the red light stays illuminated anytime the ignition is on, and the hazards will only work when the key is on. Not a big deal and everything works the same otherwise. I almost never use hazard flashers, so it isn't a big deal to me. Because there is nothing to indicate otherwise, I've come to like it that way, because if I turn the ignition switch on, I have a visual to let me know.