Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam

Default Spam

Anyway, most probably saw it, of course we don't condone it. If more pops up please ignore it and we will get it deleted as soon as we can.

Obviously, don't click the links and probably should ignore suspicious post by new members until we're certain we have it stopped.

Thanks,
    Doug
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I thought it was undercover DocV.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about a different post...nevermind.

Sometimes the internet is shameless. I was upset at one of my clients last month when he forwarded one of those goofy email chain letter deals about Microsoft beta testing. I could not get a grip on his gullibility, but I refrained from telling him such. Anyway, I immediately noticed a bunch of scam/spam type emails hitting my business account.

I spent 14 solid hours viewing every link, never found the first picture of an od truck. What a waste of time!

I sat there for about 20 minutes on wether or not I should call Hammer. I knew he had just got home, saw his wife and was most likely sleeping. But the attack continued so I called. Sorry Ed. It seemed like the right thing to do.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by white433 View Post
    i spent 14 solid hours viewing every link, never found the first picture of an od truck. What a waste of time!
    lol!!
    Last edited by kaiser715; November 1st, 2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote bracket
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Thanks for taking care of it...if I had been online yesterday I would have but...glad its over...what a friggen mess.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by white433 View Post
    I spent 14 solid hours viewing every link, never found the first picture of an od truck. What a waste of time!
    There was a pic of a M715 at the end of it, I suspect you were blind by then though.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I want to apologize to anyone who saw this crud. It is appalling to me that people post this anywhere, let alone here.
    We are looking to a new spam filter for the board to see if it will help.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Did the spammer actually sign up for an account? Seems to me that making new user accounts more spammer-proof with the user having to activate the account and confirm the email address is the way to go.

No worries Al. I just wasn't around in time to get it all fixed up. I banned the user and moved a couple posts, but didn't have time to search for all the posts and remove them. Thankfully others here stepped up and got the job done.