Thread: Parade Duty - Really Great Event

Default Parade Duty - Really Great Event

Yesterday, my M-715 along with 9 other military vehicles, did parade duty for the York, PA halloween parade. The theme was military veterans appreciation and that why we were all asked to attend. Unfortunately, whoever ended up slotting the divisions split all of us up. The group was to lead the parade, in truck era order, however every truck was slotted separately and they would not change it. Everyone was upset about that. I moved up myself behind a friends duce but the others stayed where they were slotted. It would have been an impressive string of vehicles. We had an M35, M715, M3 half track, M38, 3 WW2 motorcycles and 2 National Guard Humvees. Everyone was in the correct uniform for the era.

The M35 and I were near the front and it was one of the best things I ever did. People by the thousands on a 3 mile route stood, clapped, cheered and saluted us. The police at the intersections came to attention and saluted. The grandstand was full of WW2 vets and they rose and clapped. A big difference from in the 60's and 70's when we were afraid to wear our uniforms.

Getting ready

My view for several hours

SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Nice pics. I always enjoy driving through downtown York when I'm there. Its a neat town.

Thanks for sharing!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Great pics!!

Love to see a great looking truck showing off!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Too cool.

nice to see people appreciate veterans, both flesh and iron

Ahhh this is making me anxious! I can't wait to get mine on the road!

Default Flags

I'm going to put an American and MIA flag in the back of my truck like the one in front of you. What is the proper side for the US flag?

Default Another Event

I have been invited to attend a Veterans Day breakfast and to bring the truck. Seems we have a breakfast for all veterans here and they are going to display trucks by era. Since I am both a veteran and a truck owner, I got a call from the county veterans office to bring the truck. They saw it at the parade and want to see more.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

What a good show! Those are some really nice looking trucks.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21