Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom's 427-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom,
    I'd have e-mailed you this, but a few members had also wanted to know:

I see from a pic of your motor that your alternator and p/s pump are all on the same side. Are you using one belt to run them all?

-B.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...03186820EZtZEA

Inspection of that shot would lead me to say no. I have more but can't find the disc at the moment.
    **I heart Bump_r **

They are on separate belts. The alternator was mounted on a stock style truck mount and the PS pump was on a custom SpicerFab mount. I did that to leave the passenger side of the motor open for other possible accessories in the future.
    Big Blocks RULE!

SpicerFab. Eeeeexxxxccceeelllent. Oh hey do you still have use for that hydraulic pump on my van? before I try to find a replacement idler.... as I'm sure the mount is standard Ford engineering, ie: total pain in the ass.
    **I heart Bump_r **

If you come across something that will be not a PITA and will fit...Yes, I'm interested. If you don't...I'll wait patiently until you do. No hurry.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Spicer, I can't believe what I am reading. You are going on the record of this forum that you are going to mount a part from a F@#d Van on your Chevy Big Block ??? Is this true ?? Please say it isn't so !! Ha HA !! M1028
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

Barry: I'd say that's just wrong but KNOW THIS: it's not a F%*d part so it makes it ok. I think it might even be a Muncie pump! And we know Chevy and Muncie go together like... well, they go together.

topical content: serpentine belts are cool but my AMC 360 can lose 3 of 4 belts and still keep the waterpump alive.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Yeah...yeah. As long as there isn't a FoMoCo on the casting, it's open season! Oh Barry, next time you run into your buddy that mods the saginaw boxes can you get a dead on price for me? THANKS.
    Big Blocks RULE!

YOU CAN'T DO THAT! Tall deck rat motors aren't supposed to fit! Heh,heh. Like that big fat radiator man!

427?
    Big Blocks RULE!