Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake hoses

Question Brake hoses

I am so glad to have found this site! I just purchased a 67, M725. I am going to do the ford wheel cylinder conversion thats posted. What about replacing the hoses, I know at least one of mine is shot.Is there a stock hose # that will go with the ford wheel cylinders and connect to the original brake lines?
    any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ian

A stock brake hose will fit the Ford wheel cylinder and the stock metal brake lines.

Unfortunately there isnt a part number we know of yet for these at a parts store near you...

You can buy them from Memhis Equipment and AB Linn...though I think all of the ones they have are NOS so they are 40 year old rubber...might not be the best choice...

VPW had lines made a few years ago...a little different than stock but fit and work fine.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default Hydraulic Suppy

Check your yellow pages. Any hydraulic supply will make them for you. Here we have "air line supply".
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    Check your yellow pages. Any hydraulic supply will make them for you. Here we have "air line supply".
    If you call the local hydraulic supply, what fittings do you ask for for each end of the lines?

Probably be best to bring your old ones in to show them so they get the right fittings for sure.
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Probably be best to bring your old ones in to show them so they get the right fittings for sure.
    And the length.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

husker-rat Guest

Thumbs up Brake Lines

Speedway Motors in Lincoln,Nebraska has all kind of flexible lines on their website. You might check it out for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    That is definitely true. I was just wondering if someone had already done this so others could get the new hoses made before taking off the old ones (if they still have operable brakes).

The ones I purchased from Memphis looked great. I'm running them with no problems so far. They were reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    The ones I purchased from Memphis looked great. I'm running them with no problems so far. They were reasonable.
    I have to agree
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?