Drug home some beers last night and set to work digging into the Tcase. I was trudging along happily, expecting much death and carnage inside but to my dismay it looked brandnew in there . Kinda made me wonder if my troubles were for naught. Keep in mind though that this was a mystery case that came with a parts truck so mileage and traits were unknown.

Who here has been into one of these? I'm curious if the cases that get real hot and noisy show any clues like burned/scored bearings or mangled gears? Everything in mine was near perfect!

I think I'll try to contact Chuck's Trucks since they seem to use this case a lot in their lamo rockwelled show trucks.

Luckypabst's official wrench rating:
Print out the rebuild chapter, drag out the brewskis and get to wrenching 'cuz this is as simple as they come. My only prior experience is being into a Mopar 3 speed on a few occasions. The most difficult part will be getting the idler gear back in without the arbor. I'll cross that bridge when I get there I guess.

This job gets a 5 beer rating with 2 pee breaks and allot yourself about 1.5 hours for full disassembly. Cleanup gets another 2 beers and pee breaks to round out the evening.