Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy bench seat mod?

Default Easy bench seat mod?

I have to ditch the stock seats and battery box in my M715. What year,make and model bench seat will bolt up easiest?

A J-truck seat since the floorpans are nearly the same as the M-truck.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

ya ive been wanting to do the same thing.. i just cant find one

Any FSJ bench will do.
    Several members have done what I want to do and kept the drivers seat but removed the passenger seat and the battery box and installed the 2/3 bench from a deuce. Keeps the Mil look and general lack of comfort lol
    Before you put in a cushy cloth bench remember that this is a convertible truck and you will eventually get caught in the rain and that seat soaked down.

I put a 40-20-40 power seat with integrated 3-point belts out of a '06 F150 in my truck.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by BBM715 View Post
    Before you put in a cushy cloth bench remember that this is a convertible truck and you will eventually get caught in the rain and that seat soaked down.
    I used to think that too, until I hacked the top off an old XJ we have around the place here. Its been sitting outside for about 4 years now and the cloth seat still look pretty good. A bit faded, but not rotten or anything. They kinda get a little squishy though right after a good rain. Oh, and kinda hard during the winter when they get wet then freeze.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I put a 40-20-40 power seat with integrated 3-point belts out of a '06 F150 in my truck.
    Care to share some pictures? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBM715 View Post
    Any FSJ bench will do.
    Several members have done what I want to do and kept the drivers seat but removed the passenger seat and the battery box and installed the 2/3 bench from a deuce. Keeps the Mil look and general lack of comfort lol
    So a 2/3 bench from a deuce will bolt right in?

What about moving the driver seat back? Is it just me or does it sit waay too close to the steering wheel?

I have a large number of photos of my project to share, but have had problems trying to get them to the site. I need to go back to the "how to post photos" tutorial and make another attempt.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

I put in a seat from a 1988 dodge truck. all I had to do was use two angle irons to adapt the dodge seat to the trucks floor. I didnt have to modify anything on the truck. I did a post on it a while back. I didnt like the look of using any of the new seats that had integrated seat belts, since they look ugly in my opinion and don't match the truck at all. I was successfull in using the dodge seat belts to a point, I need to make a bracket that is taller than the metal of the cab, so I can mount the upper part of the shoulder belt. This bracket probably would not be adequate for an inspection of the seatbelts, but anything is better than nothing in my opinion, but it is a toss up between a fair shoulder mount setup and just a lap belt. Im not too worried since the truck weighs so much anyway.