Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Jungle Rot

Default Project Jungle Rot

Well instead of keeping the pre buildup tease going and I have started, its time fo rthe truck to get its own topic in the mod forum!

I dont have any pics with me right now but will of course upload them.

Here is what I can say thus far.

Axles are 14B rear from M1008..... 4.56 and detroit. Front is a 79 Ford D60. I am regearing it with 4.56 and an Ox Locker. It will get 35 spline outers and drive flanges with a freewheeling puck so I can have the front disengaged until I need it.

Motor. 1995 Cummins 6B. ARP head studs. 60 lbs valve springs. Head freshened up. New gaskets. 4k governor springs in the injection pump. custom cut fuel plate. advanced timing. new injectors cut. bigger turbo (not sure of what i want yet) new fron and rear seals. killer dowel pin tabbed. Its always good to freshen something up on the floor and not in the bay!

Trans: 2wd NV4500
    Clutch Southbend 550 hp
    transfercases: 203/ford 205 divorced case. Hopefully ill be able to place the cases and get equal length driveshafts!
    Wheels and tires still working on. I have a set of recentered H1 12 bolts. Ill worry about that when its close to driveable.

Tubing bender came in so a custom cage which seats will wit on as well all tied to the frame of course.

BIG THANKS to Elliott for the brake setup with adapter for the 715..... more fab work is exactly what I dont need.

Updates wont come flying in as regearing an axle will take a little while and Ill be pulling the drive train.

I will have a pto winch setup, motor w distributor conversion (ill have to see what it is.... i dont mess with gas motors), radiator, trans, transfer case, axles, wheels, stock guages and wiring harness. If anybody needs these.... Ill have them available soon.

Thanks for all the help and continued help. Also thanks for the positive comments. Glad to share the disease with yall!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Sounds like a nice setup. Look forward to some build pics on this one.

Why the Ford axles and t-case though? Not that there is anything wrong with them, but it looks like a bit more work with drivers side drop stuff.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I am going to try for Continental MPT 81 in 335/80/20 is a 40 inch. There is a mog place in california that can ship them to me 900 cheaper than me ordering from a local Conti dealer??????

Seats look like Corbeau SS with retractable harness

On board air... this will be a neat set up so no details on that

Plumb quick disconnect jumper cables

Remote control hood mounted spotlight looks like its going to work istead of the BO hood light.

Auxillary fuel.tool box tank.

Paint.... well when I load the rear axle pic... Ill see if anyone can guess it.

I had them already and was going to convert my 95 dodge to 4wd. The divorced setup was for it. Then it found 2 715s which is the first vehicle I have ever lusted over and the build got scrapped. I also LOVE doing things that are not done often or have never been done. Also, the transfer cases have 1410 yokes all the way around and will my axles.

6B 715 rare
    6b doublers.... not sure if its been done
    6b doublers and some expedition tricks...... I should have a truck thats unique!

Default 14b pic

Here is a cell phone pic.... sorry for the quality. So who can guess what the paint is?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Looks like spray on truck liner to me.......Nice and pretty.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Well not the black..... yes it is a tan but what "tan" is it?

Hint think drivetrain

Jester Guest

Gonna guess its Cummins beige.

Thatd be it..... going to paint the truck in it! Very resistant to dirt and mud and I can carry touch up cans in the truck for roadside beauty touchups.

Default Progress

I finally got a few hours to spend wrenching on the truck.

A better picture of the 14 bolt

The Ford Dana 60 is next! It is getting new gears (4.56), an OX locker, 35 spline outers, drive flanges (more on those later), hydro assist, hi steer crossover, new rotors and calipers, and painted to match.