Thread: tbi help for a 440

Default tbi help for a 440

ok so here we go. i just about got my 440 done and i want to add a tbi to it and was hoping someone on the zone could help.I want to use a gm tbi of a 454 but cant find any info on wiring or mods. any input would be wecome.

megasquirt.com
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Whatever your decision, I'd shy away from Holley. I have one of their TBI systems, and I have been pretty happy with it, but, their tech support is next to non-existent. You are pretty much on your own with programming and such.

If I were doing it again, I'd go with an Edelbrock TPI system. Much easier programming, better support and a better design too.

Another thing: If you just pull a GM system, you are most likely going to need a stand alone ECM or find a way to reflash or re-prom it. Cam profiles, intake design, valve sizes, and other factors will have an effect on the way the system works on another engine. Close isn't quite good enough with fuel injection.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

BTW, plenty of TBI harnesses available Google TBI wiring harness. Good luck.
    M715 W/W, M37

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Whatever your decision, I'd shy away from Holley. I have one of their TBI systems, and I have been pretty happy with it, but, their tech support is next to non-existent. You are pretty much on your own with programming and such.

If I were doing it again, I'd go with an Edelbrock TPI system. Much easier programming, better support and a better design too.

Another thing: If you just pull a GM system, you are most likely going to need a stand alone ECM or find a way to reflash or re-prom it. Cam profiles, intake design, valve sizes, and other factors will have an effect on the way the system works on another engine. Close isn't quite good enough with fuel injection.

These guy can burn a chip specific to your mods: http://www.tbichips.com/
    M715 W/W, M37

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Good info! Thanks for the links!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™