Thread: lockers?

Default lockers?

i would like to install a selectable locker in my stock front axle.does anyone have any suggestions on which one to go with

Not sure you have a choice of a selectable locker for either stock axle. I believe the only lockers available for either axle are automatic (eg Detroit lockers).

I've had detroits front and back for years never had a problem, having peace of mind that they will lock everytime when power is applied is just one less thing to think about when the trail or road conditions are bad!

Not to start a locker war or anything!!

Kevin
    Kevin
    68 M715 Modified

the front has a dana 60 ring and pinion or "thats what i have read" with 30 spline axles so has anyone tried to install one

There's a front locker for sale on the FOR SALE page. I've installed a lockrite in my old jeep wrangler before. Not too difficult. Going with a locker on the front and getting selectro hubs is a pretty good way to go. In fact, there may be some selectros for sale there too- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Those lockers are automatic detroit lockers. There are no selectable lockers (eg. ARB, OX Locker, etc.) that work.

Since I threw mine out I'm not the king of the stock axles but... I thought the fronts were 23 spline & the rear was like 16. I know that especially the front is not like a modern D60. Even the R&P is different from a modern one.

Front is 30 spline, rear is 23.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I've got 4:10 power lok's front and rear, the front powerlock can and R&P is out of an old Ford rear. My gear guy didn't mention any problems. The rear R&P was a B'strd spicer #, they have a 1/8" offset. The rear powerlok can was from a late dana 70 with 23 spline outer gear installed. I killed two birds with one stone, I wanted to re-gear so I used the power lok's for the carriers. Problem is, I can't recall that offset R&P #, But most of you guy's prefer the deep gears anyway.