Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vin numbers

Default vin numbers

hi, to all . i was at an mvpa swap meet today and was talking to a feller that said if i was to give him my vin # that he could tell me where my 715 has been . since i have been on the zone so much i figured i would try it here first. so , can anyone on the zone perform this service ?

Nope...have no idea how anyone else could either...

I have tried several times by phone and letter to get any records in the archives of Military Historical Archives and other sources to see what, if any, information we could learn from any source that still has info.

To date, not one document has come to light from any government source about these trucks.

If someone has found such documents, I for one would be very interested in it/them.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

i'll do it and pass on what i find

Thanks...would really appreciate any such info!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

yes, keep us informed!

rottiedogs Guest

Default ss

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    yes, keep us informed!
    steel soldiers has a guy that does this. He figured out most of my trucks for me.

Haven't done my M715 yet....

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Carnac is the guy over on SS. He can usually give some details, but most of them are only in the last 20-25 years.

I heard a story a long time ago and wonder if this had an effect on the records for our trucks: In the late 70's or so, there was a very large depository for military records of all kinds in Missouri somewhere. It caught fire and burned, and most if not all was lost. In those records were a lot of WWI through Vietnam era records.

I was told this story by several veterans who have not been able to obtain some information, and I also saw it referenced once in a book where the author was searching for some post WWI information and it was discovered that it had been destroyed in that fire.

Maybe in that collection was a cache of vehicle records too?
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Army Historical Records, Fort Eustis, Va. is where I was referred by TACOM, National Archives and, I think the name is, Army Vehicle Records.

They all said thaat Army Historical Records is the only lace that would have anything.
    I worte a nice letter,asking for any/all available info on these trucks and offered to pay for copies, etc. OR to be informed what I needed to do to research the info myself if that was allowed...sent it twice and received nada...not even a "We got nothing you want."

Oh, the place in Missouri...I think it is St. Louis actually....is the personel records place...they did have a big fire back a few decades ago and, if I remember right, still have a big blurb about it on their website and forms about how some of the records have been lost...

But from what I have heard, that is just the personel records.

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    But from what I have heard, that is just the personel records.
    Correct.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era