Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 wanted - PA area

Default M715 wanted - PA area

Hello, the new guy here. I live in central PA and am looking for an M715 for sale close to PA. I am looking hard and will be purchasing one once found.

Thanks.

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang67ford View Post
    Hello, the new guy here. I live in central PA and am looking for an M715 for sale close to PA. I am looking hard and will be purchasing one once found.

Thanks.
    I don't have one for sale but there are a few of us here in central PA that can help with problems, etc. Let us know where you are, or PM me.

There are two coming up for auction, in Chambersburg. Both need restoration and are in unknown mechanical condition.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Close to state college, home of Penn State University. As for chambersburg, I am sure you mean memphis equipment. I looked at a few they had for sell previously and their price was a joke.

Yes, M.E. was expensive. But the trucks up for auction may be cheaper.

I'm down in York, and found my truck in Troy PA (up by the NY border). It takes time to find a local truck that is not rusted out, but they are out there.

Zach

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'm not in PA, but VA, and I wound up going to KY to get my truck. A long trip, about 650 miles total, but well worth it as I got a solid body, and pretty cheap price. If you don't mind a road trip and a trailering, there are some deals out there.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Also York

Quote Originally Posted by mustang67ford View Post
    Close to state college, home of Penn State University. As for chambersburg, I am sure you mean memphis equipment. I looked at a few they had for sell previously and their price was a joke.
    Also York. I go up your way often, to Clearfield. You will be VERY lucky to find one without travel. A few showed up locally after I bought mine and never did know what happened to them.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    A few showed up locally after I bought mine and never did know what happened to them.
    Isn't that the way it always is? Stop looking and they show up everywhere.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I got a lead on a truck for sale not too far to travel. I have been looking for a while and kind of know the going rates. This one has the factory winch. The seller noted it had been in storage for 20 years and has only surface rust on the frame. Stated is is basically stock with about 15000 miles except for 12V conversion, adding heater, putting in a bench seat. The seller wants $6,800 for it. I am thinking it is high priced. What do you guys think it is worth?

Forgot to mention, it is running, licensed, and inspected. The seller just had it on a 4 hr round trip with no problems.

While I'd like to say that that is a good price and that all our trucks should be appreciating that way, it's not.
    The only M715's that sell for big money are either extremely stock or extremely modified. They have to look like they just rolled of the assembly line or are ready for the tough truck competition.
    For a really good shape, but non-stock, winch truck I wouldn't expect to pay more than about $4000. On the other hand you will pay $1000+ for shipping from around the country so if it looks real good and is close...
    10 years ago I paid $2500 for a rusted POS with horrible paint (from central PA lol) and I got taken. That was before I knew about the Zone and to be honest it was the first M715 that I had seen in person - Oh, to be that young & stupid again. I've since put probably another $5000 into the truck and would still expect to sell it for about $4000 - they aren't really a good investment if you are looking for a return on your money. If you want a cool truck that carries several tons of cargo, looks like nothing else out there, and is a blast to drive with the top down - this is it!