Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chevy dana 60 & 44" boggers

Default chevy dana 60 & 44" boggers

I am currently away from my jeep so I can not do any measuring, but I had a very generous offer presented to me about some brand new 44x19.5x15 inch boggers and I was curious if anyone has put any of these tires on. My main concern is backspacing of the wheel for this wide of a tire! (and since I am unable to do the measurements...) If anyone could shot me some info or even a pic or two of how they sit in the wheel wells with what back spacing your using I would be very greatfull!
    BBC,Atlas6:1,1 ton axles,42TSL

sorry forgot to mention I have a chevy dana 60 cucv 8 lug. and I am already aware that I will have to do some grinding on the calipers to make the 15's fit...sorry slipped my mind

How much lift are you running. There shouldn't be any problem with running a 19.5 bogger on the rear. if your not into cutting original front sheet metal. I wouldn't go with 19.5 wide boggers on the front. Some have run 44 boggers on the rear and 44 STL's on the front. I have run 44 boggers years ago on the front with a inch more lift than spring over with still some rubbing. 12 inch rims, even back spacing. stock axles.

hope this helps

Sorry correcting 44 Gumbo Mudders years ago on the front. Again sorry bogger on the mind.

Im really not worried about a little trimming, and lift isnt a huge problem cause im redoing my front suspension. had Y links with stock 96 dodge coils, and Im thinking about 3 link with coilovers. the rims I was thinking about a 10" wide cause by the time im done with the diy beadlocks it would be fairly close to 11.5-11.75 with the bead.

Man if your going away from leaf springs. To coilovers. Me I would go to the double triangulated 4 link. Not the old style 4 link but what the rock guys are running. You know duel v links with out a pan hard bar. Lower links wide on the axle and close at the frame. Top links close over the top of axle and wide at frame. Extreme 4x4 just did a show on this link setup.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/in...07&ep_sea=0901

Might be able to find it on U-tube. They go over I think 4 different setups.

This is not my truck but its the best I've seen with 44 boggers.

He is running rockwells. i'm pretty sure, correct me guys if i'm wrong but looking at the picture he is at a wms to wms of 69 with his hubs turned in.

Hope this helps

I would love to do a double triangulated front!! my rear works amazing! but I only have hydro assist right now and without full hydraulic you get a pretty serious death wobble on the street. and yes it is staying street driven! by the way that first pic looks awsome! do you have any info on it or know who's it is? well I guess on any of them. I've seen the second one floating on the web but no info on it.

Both are the same truck. First is when Chad had it. The second one is later on after from what I understand a couple of owner's

I'd like to see a 715 with the Double triangulated setup.

when I get done with the re-vamp I will be sure to post a few action pics of some flex and where you can take a bobbed, big block chevy'd m715 with a 6:1 atlas and 5:38 locked 1 tons. I had a ton of pics but I lost them all in the great pc crash of 09! lol I'll see if any of my memory cards have any old pics.

That tan M715, I have driven it...had 39.5 tires on stock axles and 15 inch rims with a springover...then, after I drove it, it was upgraded to Rockwells and 44 inch tires as seen in the pics up the thread.

A springover will not handle a 44 inch tire without more lift.
    Stock axles wont take 44's for long unless the truck is a trailer queen or close to it...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!