Thread: Fuel Pump

Default Fuel Pump

I rebuilt my fuel pump with a kit from VPW, afterwards the lever felt tighter than before. Not as much action. WHen I tried to start my truck, the starter just made a ticking noise.. No crank just tick tick tick. Even with a peice of wire across the starter leads, tick tick. Any thoughts?
    Was runnig fine before I messed with the fuel pump.

dead battery?

I may have had the ignition on all day. I'm reading 22.55 volts. Is that considered dead, or at least not enough to start?

22.55 is pretty close to dead. If you left the ignition on all day you probably also fried the coil. Almost certainly fried the coil.

Depends on if the breaker points were open or closed... Since the battery is too dead to crank the engine, recharge it (two 12V chargers if you don't have a 24V one, or charge one battery then the other) and try starting it again before making any conclusions about the ignition!

--Randy

...disconnect the two batteries from each other when charging them like that, of course!
    -- Tim Taylor

Similar Threads

1. need fuel civy fuel pump #s
    By jpsnblood in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
  2. Fuel pump ?
    By ryanroo in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 09:47 PM
  3. fuel pump doesn't pump.
    By sf38a1 in forum Stock Tech