Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new starters possibly availalbe

Default new starters possibly availalbe

A friend of mine who owns a electric motor repair company, (automotive & Truck ), sent me a message. the message stated this.

"we are in the process of scraping alot of 24V military starters. If you still have your military truck see if you can get me the numbers off of it and i'll see if I have any here. These are orig.new military."

I sent him back a note not to scrap any until i had a chance to look into it.
    If these would work on our M715's what would be a fair price to offer him and/or for him to ask for these?

Would there be any interest from the members here for these starters?

Does anyone have any numbers off a starter for me to give him? ( I'd hate to have to crawl under my truck and remove a working part just for a number )

I cant edit the subject title to say new starters...sorry

If they are military, they will have a NSN number. Just look up the NSN number and you will know what the application is.

whats NSN?

National Stock Number

National Stock Number...its the military part number basically...

The manual lists the starter FSN...Federal Stock Number...as:

2920-933-3727

I think that would be what you need.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

If you could get them at a decent price it might be a way to make a little money to spend on your truck. Seems like all the starters I have seen are high priced no matter what the application.

what are they going for?

If he wants to scrap them, see if he would sell them to you for scrap price. If they are all 24v military starters and they are in working order then there is a market for them. both here and on other MV forums. Most of us MV hobbyists like to keep spare parts lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by KsM715 View Post
    If he wants to scrap them, see if he would sell them to you for scrap price. If they are all 24v military starters and they are in working order then there is a market for them. both here and on other MV forums. Most of us MV hobbyists like to keep spare parts lying around.
    Yes, don't let them become Hot Wheels.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011