Thread: hydroboost brakes pedal rod pics?

Default hydroboost brakes pedal rod pics?

I have a couple different gm units both of which the rods need to be modified like to see what you all have done Thanks

I'll look for a picture of my set up, but I think it was a stock rod, with a bushing in the eyelet. The length and pitch was compensated with the bracket that elliot made (He has posted here as well as fsj.org)
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I seen tons of pics on here of the firewall mods and mounting but both of the units i have look like they need a 1.5" spacer to get the throw right. If you can find them pics it would be awesome thanks

Here is a front view. Im still looking for one with detail of the rod and bracket

Thanks, George

I have a few pictures and discussion of my issues in this thread from last year:

The 396-6.2 swap project
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I spaced my hydroboost out by building a spacer. I made mine out of angle iron and bar stock. I bolted the booster to my spacer then bolted the spacer to the firewall. I don't know if I have any pictures though. If I find any I'll post them up.

I took some pictures Ken, but it was hard to maneuver the iPad for pictures, and the flashlight. The inside the cab rod it 4" from center of the pin/eye, to the firewall, and 2" from the HB mount to the firewall. Your results may vary, depending on the model. I think this was an Astro van HB:
    HB @ the firewall:

Pedal, drivers view:

Pedal, passenger view:
    Thanks, George

ok so it seems i need to build a spacer to put between the HB and firewall perfect Thanks guys much appreciated

Yes, you do need a spacer. However, how big depends on your Hydroboost push rod. I had two that were different length and went with the one with standard threads for the hydraulic lines. So, my spacer might be different than what you need. Or, different than what George built as well.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

yup i gave my buddy the HB unit today hes machining a block out of aluminum for me nice to have friends that own a machine shop lol