Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NP 200 Straight Thru Conversion

Thanks for the temperature information Jon. I know you posted that several times on the old zone. I am also running SAE 90 lube that now has about 60 miles since I changed it. I plan to do a fast as I can run of more than 70 miles as soon as I get this alternator thing figured out. I will take temps and if they are still below the danger level Jon pointed out, I will change to 90w-130 lube and try again. if that works I will go ahead and put the expensive synthetic in, measure the difference and leave it. I will post results as I get things done in the next few months.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The Eaton I run is 75W-90..just so you know...
    Good luck with your mission...be interesting what happens!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

can you post a pic of the vpw kit installed on your truck?

Sure. I don't have a digital camera though. I will take pictures soon and get them developed and then scan them to the computer. Hopefully in the next two weeks you will be able to see it.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

i'll be waiting. I started working on the T case today. I have to go into my storage unit to try to dig up my gear puller to pull off the old bearings. Or is there another way?

Default Buick 350 swap

The bearings slide right off as far as I know. I haven't really disassembled the two output housings yet but the outer output bearings are a slip fit. You do need to press or hammer out the races if they are bad.

Chris

Yep I'm talking about the races. I'd be in trouble if I needed to press off the bearings.

I got to do an unexpected longer distance test of my t-case today. One of the teachers at my school blew her radiator up in her car yesterday in Brenham. Since I am the auto tech teacher, she asked me to fix it and if possible to go get it. The dissadvantage to having a car haul trailer. I figured it would be a good way to get more t-case temps. I drove the 33 miles at 3,200 RPM indicating 54 mph the entire way pulling a 2,000 pound trailer. No stops or slow downs on the four lane highway. I pulled into the parking lot and crawled underneath. I got all the way up to 97 degrees C at the hottest point, the drain plug area. That converts to 209 degrees F. Now I am starting to worry about overheating it. I also noticed that my rear main seal is just about gone. It wasn't running out in a steady stream from the clutch cover, but it was darn close with the engine off. I may have a good running but leaking 230, clutch and trans for sale real soon if it gets worse and I can't resist the 283 Chevy sitting in my shop just waiting to be run. I didn't get a temp from the return trip because I had to go onto my campus. This means waiting at the gate for the gate to open, sign in, wait for the inner gate of the sallyport to open and then drive at no more than 15 mph for half a mile to my classroom. I figured it would be an unfair reading and didn't bother. I did succeed in completely clogging up a brand new fuel filter in less than 150 miles though. I didn't notice it at speed or on the hills. It just wouldn't idle or pull at low speed. Tearing down the carb, blowing air in everything and putting it back on along with one of the two spare filters I carry fixed it in less than 15 minutes. I love impressing my students doing simple everyday things like that in what they think is amazing time. Welcome to the real world of working for a living where the more you get done, the more money you can make.

I will post any new temps that might develop. I will also try to finish out my roll of film soon and get that on here.

I didn't get a temp from the return trip because I had to go onto my campus. This means waiting at the gate for the gate to open, sign in, wait for the inner gate of the sallyport to open and then drive at no more than 15 mph for half a mile to my classroom. I figured it would be an unfair reading and didn't bother.
    A sallyport? :!: :!: :!: Motorized gates?

I love impressing my students doing simple everyday things like that in what they think is amazing time.
    By that, does that also include going off "campus" without someone searching your anus? Jees Louise, what kinds school do you work at?

Sounds like what I call a "facility" aka Prison. Or for the kiddies, Youth Authority. You work at a THUG school huh?......a sallyport...... that's the first clue .

I've always said there was two jobs I'd never do: SCHOOL TEACHER and PRISON GUARD... cause they're the same thing!

Be careful Tim! 8)
    Mine just keeps getting taken further apart.

Maybe it\'s all the beer.

I work for the Texas Youth Commission. We have a fence around the campus. Other than that, it looks like a college campus. The students are between 13 and 21. With sentences from burglary to serial murder. I have never taught at a public school, but teachers that have tell me here is better. When a kid smarts off, I can correct the behavior myself or call one of the people whoes job it is to control them and they will take the kid away in handcuffs. I also don't have to do parent confrences or go to sporting events like publilc teachers. The kids in the vocational classes, which we have 10 different ones in different fields, have to earn their way into the programs, pass an interview with me and keep up good behavior or they are out. I joke with people that I teach convicted criminals how to use sharp power tools, but except for my female students that I have two hours a day, the students want to learn and the worst thing that could happen to them is to be taken out of my class. We also let the ones that can pass it take the ASE test. I think I have 8 ASE certified students in my class right now. I also get to work on my own stuff and get paid for it, that is worth any jokes you can make about being a guard or teacher.