Thread: Unit ID Help

Default Unit ID Help

I'm trying to figure out the markings on my bumperettes, is there a site that lists the commands and units that were in Vietnam?? The D.S. has 5 AES and the P.S. is ATC 556. Anyone have any ideas?? Could the 5 be the 5th army & ATC be Air Traffic Control? Thanks, Tracy

Well that's a tough one. You have your choice on AES... 5th Aviation Electronic Systems , 5th Army Enterprise Strategy, 5th ADA Embedded Systems (Air Defence Artilliray), 5th Army Experimentation Site. ATC 556 could be Aberdeen Test Center 556th vehicle, 556th Air Traffic Controlers, 556th Army Training Command,

Wish I could be more help, but your markings a bit more criptic than most.
    Zone holster maker

Thanks, k8icu. That gives me a starting point, thats more than I knew before. Appreciate the info.

I once found a website that listed, it seemed, every abbreviation the military ever used or is using. Not just for vehicle markings, but it does help a little.

I'll try to find it again...........

http://www.globemaster.de/regabbre.html

Yowsy, there's alot.

Google 'military abbreviations' for more like it.

Scott

(I'm still trying to figure out what ECS is on my truck)

Default Some Missing

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    I once found a website that listed, it seemed, every abbreviation the military ever used or is using. Not just for vehicle markings, but it does help a little.
    Some errors in there. I was in the 129 SC, and that was on our trucks the SC being Signal Corp. SC has other meanings on the lists at that site so someone missed some.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Thanks, Fishtail I'll try that site, and ESC sounds familiar to me I'll try to rattle my brain to see if I can remember.